Vancouver City Add-On
The old warehouses of Granville Island have been converted into a warren of markets, studios, galleries, shops and eateries. If you enjoy sushi, you will not believe how fresh and affordable it is and if not, the choice of other restaurants is remarkable. Stanley Park is home to totem poles, bike paths and the Aquarium. If you are already missing the snow you can take a run with a view at Cypress or Grouse Mountain above the city.
- The best high street shopping is at Robson Street (check out Lulu Lemon for sports gear - Canadians rave about it, and ROOTS - the leading Canadian lifestyle brand).
- Granville Island is a great spot for market shopping. There’s a fab indoor food market, lots of craft shops and a good seafood restaurant called Sandbar. The best way to get there is catching the acquabus from Hornby Street (it costs $2.50 per person).
- Joe Fortes serves excellent seafood and steak.
- The Blue Water Café and Raw Bar is great for sushi and sashimi.
- Milestones Grill & Bar is a good chain serving a variety of food.
- Bacchus Restaurant in the Wedgewood Hotel is perfect for a romantic dinner.
- China town dim sum for breakfast and lunch.
- FlyOver Canada is a family-friendly flight simulator with wind, scents and mist. Footage has been filmed and produced by the incredible Sherpa Cinemas, responsible for some of the best ski and snowboarding movies ever made.
- Hire a bike and cycle round Stanley Park (and visit the beluga whales at the Aquarium while you are there).
- Book a sightseeing trip on the sea plane for a fantastic aerial view of Vancouver and the surrounding mountains.
- Visit Capilano suspension bridge in North Vancouver.
- Go and see an ice hockey match whilst you're there for a true Canadian experience.
- Vancouver's Science museum is well worth a visit.
Every holiday is tailor-made, just for you.
To give you the most choice and best value, we create every holiday from scratch. This means that the quotation you receive is unique, based on your preferred departure dates, group size and holiday preferences.
We save you time and get the most for your money.
We sift through the prices and promotions for every airline, hotel and resort, exploring all options. We don’t publish all our prices online. Instead, we give personal quotations within 24 hours of receiving your request.