Join Our Team
Join the award winning team at Ski Safari and Freedom Treks
Ski Safari - UK's Best Ski Tour Operator (SCGB awards, 2014-2020), Best Ski & Winter Sports Holiday Company (British Travel Awards, 2019-2022); Freedom Treks - Feefo Platinum Service Award 2020, Feefo Gold Trusted Service Award (2018-2020).
Does poor service annoy you?
You know when you’ve been waiting for ages on the phone to speak to a 'customer service adviser' and when you finally get through what you receive couldn't possibly be described as customer service? Does that grate? Do you think, the world really shouldn’t be like that?
Well so do we, you're in the right place!
We are absolutely passionate about providing first-class customer service and if you are too, we’d love to hear from you. If you also happen to like skiing or snowboarding, or spending time in the fresh air outdoors, then we’d definitely like to hear from you!
Who are Ski Safari?
We are an award-winning*, independent ski holiday company and we’ve become that by being totally focused on helping our customers have the absolute best ski or snowboarding holiday possible... for the past 27 years.
* We're particularly proud of our Ski Club of Great Britain Award for Best Ski Tour Operator, which we've won every year since the awards began in 2014, and is based on a rating out of 10 by UK skiers - not just a popularity vote!
What do we do?
We put together superb ski holidays to some of the most interesting and perhaps slightly more unusual (for UK skiers anyway) places to ski around the world - Canada and the US, Norway and Sweden, Japan and Switzerland.
And we like to add a little something extra too, so that our holidays are more than ‘just’ a ski holiday. You can see some examples by looking at our amazing ski safaris.
Where do we do this?
From our light and airy, modern warehouse offices just a stone’s throw from the beach in central Hove on the Sussex coast - if you step out of the front door and look right, you can see the sea!
It’s the ideal location for cycling to work, a swim at lunchtime or enjoying some fresh air with a walk along the seafront. There are also some fantastic pubs, cafes and restaurants just up the road, so it’s a great place for a good work-life balance.
But what about you?
We are looking for people who want to provide our customers with real customer service.
It’s easy to do this if you like talking to people, are confident on the phone and have a positive, upbeat attitude.
You might have some knowledge or experience of the ski industry, but that isn’t essential. Experience working in a customer service environment is. Even if that has been a holiday job or a temporary position, it all counts! Some core computer skills and being well-organised with a good eye for detail are also important.
But really it’s about you being the right kind of person, someone who can get stuck in and quickly become a valued member of the team and make a contribution.
That mention of the team is key - we're a small, friendly gang at Ski Safari, and we definitely work as a team.
Ski Sales Consultant
A typical day as a Sales Consultant involves:
- Talking to customers about their ski holiday plans on the phone
- Offering advice on resorts, accommodation and exciting add-ons
- Pricing the holiday using our in-house system
- Booking key elements of the holiday with suppliers
- … then ideally taking customers’ money!
Talking about skiing holidays all day, what’s not to like?
There’s a bit more to it than that of course, you'll also load contracts, price offers for our website, deal with customer issues, help our operations and marketing teams and much more. We’re a small, close-knit team at Ski Safari and we help each other out across the business as required.
Ideally, you’ll have:
- A passion for skiing and/or snowboarding
- Confidence talking to customers on the phone
- Core computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines
- A good eye for detail
- An upbeat, positive attitude
- Knowledge of the travel or ski industry would be a bonus
The fine print
This is a full-time, office-based, permanent role working 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday 9 am-5:30 pm, with occasional 10 am-6:30 pm and weekend shifts during the winter season.
We’re offering a salary of £22,000 to £26,000 per year, depending on your experience and what you can bring to the company, plus a performance-related bonus of up to 10% of salary.
Aside from getting to talk about skiing all day, benefits of working for Ski Safari include:
- 20 days annual leave, increasing with length of service, plus bank holidays
- Overseas travel to experience our destinations first-hand
- Discounts on personal overseas travel to our destinations
- Company pension scheme, increasing with length of service
- Company life insurance scheme
- Cyclescheme and Techscheme
- Interest-free travel season ticket loans
- Regular socials including our annual company weekend
- Office treats including the Friday drinks fridge
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before Sunday 11 June. Successful applicants will then be invited to attend an interview at our offices in June, wth a view to starting work with us as soon as possible.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE