Twin Centre Ski Holidays
Over a decade ago we pioneered the ‘Ski Safari’ concept, an all encompassing trip that includes skiing multiple resorts, experiencing great cities and exploring breathtaking national parks all during one amazing adventure.
If you always liked the idea of combining two different trips - whether as a resort and a city break or splitting your ski time over two different areas - but didn't really fancy the drive in-between, then we have some great ideas for you to try.
With new shuttle routes operating between many North American resorts as well as punctual trains across Europe and Japan, it's now even easier to transfer between some of the top resorts without having to hire a car. We know it can sometimes be a bit of a daunting prospect - or maybe you just like being driven rather than driving - so we have highlighted a few of the options open to you. No driving licence required:
- Whistler and Sun Peaks are now the two biggest ski areas in Canada - and operate a shuttle between them.
- Crested Butte and Telluride offer spectacular scenery with authentic Old West ski towns
- Winter Park and Steamboat complement each other perfectly on this incredibly accessible Ski Safari which can be enjoyed either by transfer or by hire car. Read Vicky's account of her trip in February '15.
- Our Fjords and Mountains Ski Safari takes in some of Norway's finest scenery en-route from Geilo to Bergen.
- There's an experience of a lifetime in Sweden with the Åre and the Arctic Ski Safari - with a train journey from ski resort to the legendary ICEHOTEL.
- Getting across Japan may sound a bit daunting. But with a shared transfer or train you can combine Nozawa Onsen and Myoko for an authentic Japanese cultural experience. Or for the powder-hunter, try Niseko and Rusutsu with a transfer.
- The Swiss are known for their trains - you can get to almost any resort with your rail pass! Why not tryLaax, Zermatt and Saas Fee?
But if you like the idea of having that extra bit of flexibility, don't forget our driving Ski Safaris are tried and tested by us too!
Our Ski Safaris are tailor-made to your particular requirements, any combination of resorts (within geographical limits), any accommodation and any length of stay at each resort. On a Ski Safari your flights, transfers/rail passes, accommodation and ski extras are all booked for you before you leave. We provide you with our Ski Safari Travel Pack that includes itineraries, details of your accommodation and ski extras vouchers – and then you are off on your own, private skiing adventure!