Killington Resort Guide
There is not resort village at Killington - the accommodation, bars and restaurants are spread out along the 5 mile access road and in the surrounding area. However the shuttle bus system is excellent and free during the day, so sometime worth choosing accommodation closer to the bars and restaurants which are also the focus of the après-ski offering live music and free buckets of wings! The night clubs such at the Wobbly Barn are also a real highlight over the weekends, attracting revellers from Boston and New York. It's also recommended to have a car in resort as its the best way to get from Boston airport, access the shops and restaurants and also explore the surrounding area.
If you are looking for a longer holiday there is the possibility of spending a couple of nights in Boston on your return, or visiting the Factory Outlet shopping centres, or even combining nearby resorts of Stowe or Jay Peak.
- Friendly Penguin Daycare - 8.00 am - 4.00 pm - 12 weeks to 12 years old - indoor and optional outdoor activity. 1-day, 2-day or 3-day options available. Half day care costs from $69.
- First Tracks Slide and Play - Ages 2-4 - This is a 1 hour add-on option to Friendly Penguin Day Care with on-snow activities designed to introduce children to skiing or snowboarding. Helmets and rentals are included. One hour lesson $30, $39 peak season.
- Infant room - 6 weeks to 23 months, includes free play, art activities snacks and lunch.
- Mini-stars - Slide & Play - Ages 4-7 - Includes lift ticket and lessons. Rentals including helmet is an additional $15.
- Superstars - Ages 7-12 - Offers ski and snowboard lessons for all ability levels. Max 5 students per instructor. Half Day 9.30 - 11.45 am OR 12.45 -3 pm. Full Day 9.30 am - 3.00 pm Full day lesson include lunch.
- Snowzone - Ages 13-18 - Meets daily at Ramshead Lodge, Half day lessons 9.30 - 11.45 OR 12.45 -3 pm. Full day 9.30 - 3pm.
Facilities & Services
- Transport around resort - Buses run around the resort for free from the early hours to late night. An additional $2 ticket is required between Killington and Rutland.
- Bars and Restaurants - Over 100 bars and restaurants in the region hosting bands festivals and competitions.
- Leisure or Sports centres - The Killington Grand Spa offers a selection of treatments. Open Monday-Thursday 10.00 am -6.00 pm or Friday-Sunday 9.00 am - 8.00 pm.
- Cross-country skiing
- Dog sledding
- Snowmobile tours
- Snowcat drawn Sleigh rides
- Tubing Park