Tokyo City Add-On
- Tsukiji Fish Market - make your way to the market early in the morning to see the famous tuna bidding which runs from 5am-6.30am. The sushi restaurants in this area offer the freshest and tastiest fish you’ll ever eat.
- Akihabara - the electronics district of Tokyo and centre of Otaku (anime, cartoon) culture. The brightly lit area has a huge range of large department stores for any gadget needed, or head to the back streets for older models or second hand bargains.
- Asakusa and Senso-ji Temple - the old entertainment district of the city and home of the Senso-ji, a Buddhist temple. This is a great place to get a feeling of old Japan and there are plenty of souvenir shops to pick up gifts. This is a famous area for tempura (battered prawns and vegetables) – go for a tendon which is tempura on rice with a yummy soy sauce marinade.
- Shinjuku - the new entertainment district of Tokyo (Kabukicho), the major commercial and administrative centre, and the busiest train station in the world! For the best views over Tokyo head up to the free observation deck on floor 45 of the Tokyo Metropolitian Government Building.
- Shibuya - this is a major shopping, dining and entertainment district for the Tokyo youth. The infamous Shibuya crossing is located by the main entrance of the Station, and for the best pictures of the crossing head to the Starbucks across the street. The trend-setting 109 ladies' department store is a fun place to buy some zany fashion - across eight whole floors!
- Harajuku & Omotesando - take a quick walk through Yoyogi Park to see the Meiji Shrine, and then go from Harajuku Station down the Takeshita Street. You may even spot a Harajuku girl! The wide pavements and carefully landscaped Omotesando Street is lined with all the big name designers and more familiar shops such as Zara and even a Topshop. In the trendy Jingumae area you’ll find cutting-edge boutiques and vintage shops.
- Disneyland - just outside the city centre, this makes a fun family outing!
Every holiday is tailor-made, just for you.
To give you the most choice and best value, we create every holiday from scratch. This means that the quotation you receive is unique, based on your preferred departure dates, group size and holiday preferences.
We save you time and get the most for your money.
We sift through the prices and promotions for every airline, hotel and resort, exploring all options. We don’t publish all our prices online. Instead, we give personal quotations within 1-2 days of receiving your request.