The Caribbean Islands
Colourful Caribbean culture along with North America’s best skiing.
The Caribbean is one of the world’s most colourful countries, with emerald-green forests, kaleidoscope corals, and sands that range from pink to golden. The culture here is just as vivid, with dancing, music and year-round carnivals. North America’s winter coincides perfectly with high season in the Caribbean, so you can go straight from the slopes to a tropical island.
Our Ski & Sun escapes are tailor-made to suit your needs - you can travel at any point in the ski season, and take your pick of Caribbean islands. Barbados is our most popular choice, with its beautiful west coast beaches, lush interior and rugged Atlantic shoreline that draws surfers, hikers and scuba divers.
We’ll take care of all your holiday arrangements, from hotels and ski passes, to flights and transfers, putting everything together to create a seamless escape at the best price. Due to the cost and length of the flights, we recommend spending at least five nights in the Caribbean.
To find out more, call Andy on 01273 224 060 or email [email protected].
Direct British Airways flights into the ski destination airport, then on the return a one stop flight via Miami or Houston (approximately 9.5 hours) to the Caribbean. Direct return flights back to the UK from the island. Due to the high cost of the flights and length of flying time we don’t recommend stays of less than 5 nights.
Reasons to Visit
Our Top Ten Reasons to Visit the Caribbean
1. Diverse beaches - The Caribbean’s breathtaking beaches are hugely diverse, from five-mile golden stretches, to pink sands and palm-backed bays. Lapping these sands are some of the world’s clearest waters, with bath-tub temperatures of around 25°C.
2. Watersports - From sheltered lagoons to Atlantic swells, the Caribbean islands have ideal conditions for almost every watersport under the sun. Take your pick from SUP, sailing and wakeboarding, kayaking, kitesurfing and more.
3. Colonial history - Steeped in history and rich cultural heritage, the islands have fascinating depths to explore. Some of the highlights in Barbados include the colonial plantation houses and Unesco-listed garrison in the capital city of Bridgetown.
4. Hiking - From dormant volcanoes to lush rainforests and refreshing waterfalls, the Caribbean is a hiker’s paradise. If you’re feeling ambitious, the islands’ highest peaks give stunning views over the sea.
5. Traditional cuisine - A fusion of African, Indian, American, Chinese and European flavours, the local cuisine is a real highlight. If the traditional dishes are too spicy, opt for the deliciously fresh seafood and fruits.
6. Breathtaking sunsets - Simply some of the world’s very best, the deep reds and oranges of a Caribbean sunset will quite literally take your breath away. We find that they look even better with a pina colada or rum punch in hand.
7. Lush interiors - The green interiors of these volcanic islands add a fantastic contrast to the Caribbean’s sandy beaches. To really get a feel for your island, we recommend hiring a car to explore.
8. The festivals - From jazz music and conch cracking, to sailing regattas and religious holidays, the Caribbean’s busy festival calendar spans the whole year. Events vary from island to island, so ask our team to find out what’s on when you’re there.
9. Quality accommodation - There’s a huge range of accommodation options, from honeymoon suites and beachfront villas, to simple rooms and apartments. We can suggest the best options to suit your needs and budget, so just ask our team for advice.
10. Scuba & snorkelling - With stunning reefs and wrecks, the marine life includes parrotfish, turtles and bottle-nose dolphins. Crystal clear visibility makes it easy to take everything in, and you’ll find plenty of places to hire equipment or book onto a course.