Escape to the Mexican Riviera after a wonderful week in the snow.
One of the easiest and best value ways to add a true beach escape to your ski holiday is to fly directly to the Mexican Riviera. Here, the white-sand beaches and warm azure waters of the Yucatan Peninsula are the perfect place to relax after your ski week. For more adventure, there are Mayan ruins and jungles to explore, as well as world-class diving, snorkelling and watersports. Getting around via taxi or tour group is easy, or you could hire a car for more freedom.
Winter is an excellent time to visit, with air and sea temperatures averaging around 25°C. Each Ski & Sun escape is completely tailor-made, so you can travel at any point within the ski season and stay at an all-inclusive resort or a luxury boutique hotel.
We’ll take care of all your holiday arrangements, from hotels and ski passes to flights and transfers, putting everything together to create a seamless escape at the best price.
To find out more, call Andy on 01273 224 060 or email [email protected].
The easiest flight combinations involve flying direct with British Airways to your ski resort airport, then direct to Cancun (Mexico) for your week in the sun. It’s an easy 45-minute transfer from Cancun to your beachside hotel, and direct flights from Cancun Airport back to the UK (London Gatwick) take nine hours.
Reasons to visit
Our Top Ten Reasons to Visit Mexico
1. Warm weather - North America’s winter is the perfect time to visit Mexico, with the lowest rainfall of the year and average temperatures of 25°C, while the translucent waters are a luxurious 26-27°C.
2. Delicious cuisine - Try authentic Mayan dishes made with beans and root veg, tuck into barbecued fish or fresh ceviche, slurp fruit smoothies and poolside cocktails, or work your way around an international menu of steaks, pizzas and sushi.
3. Diving and snorkelling - One of the world’s best dive locations, take your pick between dazzling reefs, technical walls and mysterious caverns, or go snorkelling with whale sharks and sailfish.
4. Ancient ruins - Mayan temples and ruins are scattered liberally in this part of Mexico. Chichen Itza and the Tulum Archaeological Site are the most famous, or you could visit, Coba, Muyil and many more.
5. Adventure sports - From jungle adventures to hiking, climbing, zip-lining, caving and deep sea fishing, there’s an unbelievable amount to do here if you’ve got any energy left after your ski week.
6. Cenotes - Formed thousands of years ago, these freshwater sinkholes are bursting with natural life. With spectacular rock formations and unfathomably clear waters, swimming or snorkelling through these caves is an experience you’ll never forget.
7. Xcaret Mexican theme park - This cultural and ecotourism theme park features everything from a Mayan village and a snorkelling reef, to a turtle nesting site and a Day of the Dead demonstration.
8. Nightlife and shopping in Playa del Carmen - Close to Cancun airport, this trendy city has great shopping, bars, restaurants and clubs. You could even base yourself here in a luxury hotel for easy access to the area’s best nightlife.
9. Huge range of accommodation - There are literally hundreds of hotel options along the coast, with something for every budget and preference, from all-inclusive hotels in Playa del Carman to boutique beachfront resorts.
10. Direct flights - You can fly here directly from several North America ski resort airports and, when it’s time to go home, it’s another easy direct flight from Cancun to the UK.
Where to stay
Where to Stay
There are hundreds of hotel options along the coast making it easy to cater for any budget and preference from large 4 star all inclusive from £75 per person per night, to boutique luxury resorts. Just let us know what sort of stay you are looking for and we can make some suggestions on where to stay. When choosing a property you can either stay in stunning beach accommodation or if you are looking for something more lively, perhaps consider a hotel in the old fishing town of Playa del Carman.