Introducing the New Ikon Pass for 2018/19
North America's brand new season pass product, the Ikon Pass, is great news for anyone planning a multi-resort ski safari.
Starting at just £425 for an adult, the Ikon Base Pass makes previously costly combinations of resorts affordable, saving up to £350 compared to buying individual tickets at each resort. The new pass is also incredibly good value for children, from just £106, which makes this the perfect time to book your first family ski safari - an adventure the kids will never forget.
About the Ikon Pass
There are two passes available, providing access to 26 destinations in the USA and Canada.
£638 (adult) £510 (teen) £142 (child)
- Unlimited skiing in Steamboat, Winter Park, Copper Mountain, Squaw Valley, Mammoth, Tremblant plus six other resorts
- Seven days skiing in Jackson Hole, Big Sky, Killington, Revelstoke, Deer Valley and Sugarbush
- Seven days total skiing in each of these resort combinations: Aspen Snowmass, Alta/Snowbird, Sunday River/Sugarloaf/Loon Mountain and Banff Sunshine Village/Lake Louise/Mt Norquay
Ikon Base Pass
£425 (adult) £340 (teen) £106 (child)
- Unlimited skiing in Winter Park, Copper Mountain, Squaw Valley (holiday restrictions), Tremblant plus five other resorts (some with holiday restrictions)
- Five days total in Steamboat, Mammoth, Jackson Hole, Big Sky, Killington, Revelstoke, Deer Valley plus two other resorts (all with holiday restrictions)
- Five days total skiing in each of these resort combinations: Aspen Snowmass, Alta/Snowbird, Sunday River/Sugarloaf/Loon Mountain and Banff Sunshine Village/Lake Louise/Mt Norquay (all with holiday restrictions)
How to Maximise the Ikon Base Pass
We've put together four ways to make the most of the Ikon Base Pass with a USA ski safari by car. There are other combinations that can be done with transfers if you don't fancy the drive.
Colorado Ski Safari
Aspen, Snowmass, Steamboat, Winter Park and Copper Mountain.
Our Colorado Ski Safari typically involves combining a couple of multi-resort passes to maximise your time, but the Ikon Base Pass gives you five days in Aspen Snowmass, five days in Steamboat and unlimited days in Copper Mountain and Winter Park on one ticket. The road trip itself is as good as the skiing, with scenic drives linking together stays in some of America's most famous Western ski towns. Steamboat and Winter Park, or Winter Park and Copper can also be easily combined with transfers instead of a hire car.
California Ski Safari
Squaw Valley and Mammoth
Spend a week in Squaw Valley - home to both excellent beginner slopes and challenging backcountry terrain - before a three and a half hour road trip through the Sierra Nevada mountains to spend five days in Mammoth. California's sunniest resort is a snowboarder's dream, with huge open bowls, steep glades and some of the best terrain parks in the world.
Yellowstone Ski Safari
Big Sky and Jackson Hole
The Yellowstone Ski Safari is hugely popular with the Ski Safari team - a trip of epic proportions, with vast terrain, legendary couloirs and the wintery wilderness of Yellowstone National Park. It's now more affordable than ever, with five days in both Big Sky and Jackson Hole featuring on the Ikon Base Pass. There's also the option to stay in West Yellowstone to do a day trip into Yellowstone National Park by snowcoach or snowmobile.
Utah Ski Safari
Deer Valley, Alta, Snowbird
Experience the 'The Greatest Snow on Earth®' with up to 12 metres of Utah’s famous powder. Split your time between Deer Valley's immaculate pistes and exceptional service, then one hour away, the big mountain “powder mecca” resorts of Snowbird and Alta, located next to each other. The Ikon Base Pass covers five days in Deer Valley and five days in Snowbird and Alta (combined). Deer Valley and Alta are skier only.
Speak to a Specialist
For more ideas on how to use the Ikon Pass, or to find out more about our suggested itineraries above, call us on 01273 224060 or request a quotation online.
Three seasons in Europe, one in New England and one in Utah. Since working for Ski Safari I have skied most of the main US and Canada resorts and tested the Ski Safaris (at least once!!).